The Second Life Grid
Linden Lab provides programs to support the development of content on the Second Life Grid and to better enable businesses to bring their community onto the Second Life Grid.
- Education and Non-Profit Program – provides services to support the use of the Second Life Grid for education and non-profit use.
- Global Provider Program – provides support and services for those localizing Second Life to bring a community using a specific language onto the Second Life Grid.
- Open Source Program – provides resources to developers working on Linden Lab’s open source products.
- Solution Provider Program – provides services including directory listing to individuals or companies, which create content and presence on the Second Life Grid for others.
- API Program – provides APIs that enable services using the Second Life G
2) Qué es?
The Second Life Grid is a full-featured service platform of revolutionary technologies that support the globally renowned virtual world experience, Second Life. The Grid offers a comprehensive system of infrastructure, consumer features, tools, and services that allows any organization to provide its own unique immersive experience in the world’s largest interconnected virtual world.
What is the difference between Second Life and the Second Life Grid?
Second Life is the showcase virtual world WHERE end users can create an infinite variety of content and participate in a robust virtual economy, free of traditional social and technological restrictions. The Second Life Grid is WHAT makes Second Life possible: a service platform that provides scalable server infrastructure, highly detailed and configurable features, field-proven customer service tools, and a massive existing base of end users and user-created content that can be leveraged in your own virtual world offering.
Read more about our System Features…
3) El programa de educación y ongs….
Education & Non-Profit Organizations
The Second Life Grid provides a unique and flexible platform for educators interested in distance learning, computer supported cooperative work, simulation, new media studies, and corporate training.
Create a safe environment to enhance experiential learning, allowing individuals to practice skills, try new ideas, and learn from their mistakes. Prepare your students or employees for real-world experiences by using Second Life as a simulation!
Students and Educators can work together on the Second Life Grid from anywhere in the world as part of a globally networked virtual classroom environment. Using the Second Life Grid as a supplement to traditional classroom environments also provides new opportunities for enriching an existing curriculum. Many universities and educational institutions are already using the Second Life Grid, and you can find an updated list of them here.
There are many options for Educators looking to explore and create learning spaces on the Second Life Grid. Here is a comprehensive list of resources to help you get started.
Fuente: [Second Life Grid]